Monday, December 22, 2008

Visitation information

I spoke to the Walter Reed pediatrics ward today and got some information about visitation and accommodations. Visitors would just drive to the base, present a photo IDs to the gate guard, and tell them you want to visit a patient. The guard will give you a temporary pass. Parking is horrible there, so leave plenty of time to find a spot. Visitation hours end at 8 p.m.

There is a TV in the room, and unless they are particularly busy, Olivia should have her own room. One parent will be able to spend the night with her and sleep on a pull-out chair. There is internet service in the hospital 'internet library'.

They have a washer & dryer there if we need to use them too.

Olivia has been crying a lot today. I really wish I knew what is causing it. It breaks my heart to think she might be in pain and there's not much I can do. I gave her Motrin this morning. I can give her more in 2 hours.

I might have more to post later today. ???

No comments:

Post a Comment